FOR ESSEX HOUSING, essex county council
Bidwells was instructed to undertake the redevelopment of derelict surplus previously developed NHS land at Coppins Court, Clacton-on-Sea for new Independent Living extra care accommodation.
The project is part of Essex County Council’s initiative to partner with other public sector bodies to bring forward surplus land for residential development through its specialist subsidiary, Essex Housing.
What we did
- Coordinated the project team specialisms.
- Prepared supporting documentation.
- Submitted the application package.
- Liaised with the local planning authority.
- Saw the project through to its conclusion
Bidwells’ ongoing advice to the client and negotiation with the local planning authority resulted in a deliverable planning permission with minimised pre-commencement planning conditions, granted under delegated power within the statutory timeframe.