FOR TRINITY COLLEGE CAMBRIDGE AND BARRATT HOMES
Bidwells has obtained approval for the development of 571 new homes across two greenfield sites in Walton, Felixstowe. The schemes will be supported by significant new infrastructure, requiring negotiation of reduced Affordable Housing.
What we did
- Obtained outline planning permission for the development of up to 190 dwellings at ‘Walton South’, Felixstowe on behalf of the landowner, Trinity College Cambridge.
- Bidwells Residential Development sold Walton South to Barratt Homes and our Planning team were retained to obtain reserved matters consent. The scheme is now under construction for 186 units by Barratt.
- A second application was taken forward for up to 385 dwellings at ‘Walton North’. A viability appraisal prepared by the Residential Development team demonstrated that a reduction in Affordable Housing provision was necessary to ensure the scheme could deliver required infrastructure and remain viable.
- 186 dwellings under construction at Walton South.
- Resolution to grant planning permission for Walton North obtained from Suffolk Coastal District Council’s Planning Committee subject to 24% Affordable Housing, a reduction of 9% on the standard expectation.
- A combination of robust evidence and engagement ensured this was agreed whilst avoiding an appeal.
- The schemes will provide much needed new housing alongside important new infrastructure, including a new link road.