Our Urban Design Studio (UDS) team have extensive expertise of master planning major new developments. Since the formation of the Studio in July 2014 we have undertaken ten major projects consisting of between 1500 and 5500 new homes as part of mixed use settlements.
Our established process begins with developing our understanding of a given site through our assessment work, in order to establish constraints and opportunities. In turn, this informs an open space-led approach, focused upon the most appropriate scale and form of development within a network of strategic landscaping.
We often undertake townscape and landscape character assessments at an early stage of projects to inform the design process and ensure development proposals are rooted in the character of the place. Subsequently we create options and strategies, working within a broader design team including planners, transport engineers and ecologists.
The team will assist you in the following ways:
- Creating strategic master plan visions for new developments;
- Championing major projects through the Local Plan process; and
- Undertaking exhibitions and stakeholder engagements.
- Master Plan Visioning Studies;
- Capacity Studies;
- LVIA Studies and ZTV;
- Strategic Land Site Design and Promotion;
- Stakeholder Consultation; and
- Proving Layouts and Illustrations.
OUR SECTOR EXPERTISE
- Mixed use extensions to existing towns and urban centres; and
- New Settlements / Garden Villages.