Our Urban Design Studio (UDS) provides you with an assessment service, as part of the planning process, to inform site opportunities, constraints and the subsequent development of site proposals.
This service includes Landscape and Visual Appraisals (LVA), Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments (LVIA), Townscape Assessments and Site Capacity Studies.
We offer expert Green Belt analysis and advice to our clients and assist with site promotion through the Local Plan Reps process.
Our LVIA work is undertaken in accordance with GLVIA3 guidance for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) development.
Our team will provide you with:
- Site Appraisals and Assessments, including constraints and opportunities mapping;
- Production of LVIA and LVA assessments to GLVIA3 guidance using our established compliant methodology;
- LVIA Expert Witness services for planning appeals and inquiries. (We have a proven track record of winning appeals);
- Zone of Theoretical Visibility (ZTV) mapping;
- Production of Verified Views and Photo Montages of proposed developments as part of planning applications;
- Townscape Assessments; and
- Capacity Studies.
The types of sites for which we undertake assessment work are large and varied, from 10-unit residential schemes, to a 1000-ha rural diversification schemes.
OUR SECTOR EXPERTISE
- Residential and mixed-use developments at a variety of scales;
- Rural diversification including barn conversations, extensions to existing farmsteads; and
- Minerals extraction projects.