Our Urban Design Studio (UDS) team work with education providers to create inspiring learning environments for all levels, from pre-school to higher education. Our major projects include North West Schools, Cambridge International Schools, the University of East Anglia and Balliol College Master’s Field Development in Oxford.
We offer strategic master planning design advice and create visions for new and existing sites, together with development plans for campuses to inform major projects.
We are experienced landscape designers of educational facilities, delivering schemes through RIBA Stages 1-7, working alongside Architects and within wider design teams.
Our involvement in six new schools projects in the northwest of England is nearing completion and the refurbishment and extension of the Grade II Listed Cherry Hinton International School in Cambridge.
The team will assist you in the following ways:
- Development of site visioning / place making studies as part of Local Plan promotions in order to gain allocations, including visual material.
- Outline and Full Planning Applications for new developments and expansions to existing sites.
- Stakeholder engagement including graphics and presentation materials; and
- Capacity Studies for new sites to test development scenarios and opportunities.
- RIBA Stages 1-7 Landscape Architecture services; and
- Visioning studies for education campuses, including Universities and Colleges.
OUR SECTOR EXPERTISE
- Primary Education and Pre-school;
- Secondary Education; and
- Higher Education Facilities - Universities and Colleges.