There is a growing interest in the UK for unconventional oil and gas extraction, otherwise known as Fracking.
The Government believes shale gas and oil could provide the UK with greater energy security, growth, jobs and tax revenue and is encouraging safe exploration subject to appropriate regulatory and environmental safeguards.
Building upon our considerable experience gained in the energy, utility and infrastructure sectors we can advise in the following areas:
- Site evaluation and/or promotion with the oil and gas operating companies.
- Negotiation of appropriate access terms.
- Reporting on the operator's public consultation, planning and permit applications.
- Management of the operator's onsite activities to ensure compliance with lease terms.
- Overseeing the reinstatement of the site post exploration/extraction.
- Advising on Landlord & Tenant issues including surrender terms, disturbance compensation and crop loss.
- Valuation of sites for secured lending, sale, acquisition and tax.