*This competition is now closed. Winners will be notified by 18 September 2017*
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the first Conservation Area in the UK, Bidwells is launching an exciting photo competition!
There are approximately 7,000 conservation areas in England, varying in nature and character. They each contribute to their familiar and cherished local scene, adding to the spirit of the place.
Bidwells is inviting you to capture, in one photograph, a building or scene which is cherished by you and which adds to the spirit of the place.
It might be the old buildings, trees, people or shops. It could be the seaside on a sunny or rainy day, a field of wheat, a fantastic woodland scene, a church or castle.
We want you to capture the ‘spirit’ of that place in one image.
We hope that the photos will capture the diversity of our heritage and environment.
As well as building up an archive of these special places across the UK to mark this year, there will also be prizes for the winning entries in categories for under 18 years and over 18 years.
Winning entries will be those that best convey the spirit of the place, explaining why your subject is cherished by you.
The images will be judged by a panel, including Tristram Godfrey, Photographer.
The winning images and a selection of runners-up will be shown at the Stamford 50 event on 21 September 2017.
|Winner: Under 18 years||GoPro HERO Camera|
|Winner: 18 years+||£250 of Landmark Trust vouchers|
Entries should state:
- Email address
- Contact number
- Category (Under 18 years, or 18+)
- Location of the photograph
- Why is this place special to you?
Photographs should be submitted by 14 September 2017.
See a selection of submitted entries at the bottom of the page...
To submit your photograph via email, click here.
- Maximum two photographs per entrant.
- Photo should be submitted as a jpeg, and below 5MB.
- The competition will be judged by Tristram Godfrey, Photographer, Chris Surfleet, Head of Heritage, and Amy Hampton, Marketing Manager, and the judges' decision will be final.
- The winners will be contacted by 18 September.
- A selection of the photographs will be shown at the Stamford 50 event, attributed to the entrants.
- Closing date is midnight on 14 September 2017.
- By submitting your photograph you are giving permission for Bidwells LLP to use this is in relevant marketing.
- When submitting via social media, only tweets or Instagram posts with the hashtag #SpiritofPlace will be recognised.
A SELECTION OF SUBMITTED ENTRIES: